The purpose of this article is to provide you with the pros and cons of these two hostings services, InMotion and Bluehost. We will be exploring the strong points and the weak points of both providers as well as their features, customer support service, support for WordPress and value for money.
Let’s have an in-depth analysis of both providers so that you can have the idea of the better one for your web hosting needs.
Pros of InMotion
(1) The first major advantage of using InMotion is that it comes with a free domain name for every plan; this makes the service to be more convenient.
(2) The company also boasts of having 99.97% uptime capability which has been proven to be true.
(3) The company also provides an unlimited disk space. This means that there is no limit to the content that you can have on your website.
(4) You will also be getting free memory for your website. This means that you do not need to worry about your website taking hours to load.
(5) Top-notch help and support service- this is definitely one of the important factors of excellent hosting service.
(1) It’s a bit expensive when compared with other web hosting services.
(2) It does not have many options when it comes to customer support.
Pros of Bluehost
(1) Provides a free domain once you register with the service
(2 Delivers up to 99.98% uptime service
(3) The service has the best support for WordPress.
(4) The service has relatively cheap plans. You will be getting the right value for your money.
(5) The service is simple to use, which makes it perfect for beginners.
Cons of Bluehost
(1) Includes add-ons that are not stated while registering.
(2) The customer support service is below-average.
It’s clear to see that InMotion is quite better than Bluehost if you consider the pros and cons of both services.
InMotion vs Bluehost Comparison
Features, Performance, & Ease of Use
One of the major factors of an excellent hosting service is the range of features that it delivers. Both services that we are reviewing are well matched but there are some differences that we need to point out.
Bluehost offers a free domain name on all their plans except if you will be registering for a single month plan, in which case you will need to pay a $2.99 sign up fee.
To get the free domain with InMotion, you will need to register for the 12 or 24-month plan. And it’s important to point out that you will not be getting this offer if you want to sign up for the dedicated hosting package.
Another important factor to note is that both services use cPanel, which is the most reliable and widely used panel right now. This is because it is very simple to use and it’s not surprising that it is the most popular. InMotion provides free SSD storage which is quite better than the traditional hard drives. The provided free SSD storage enhances the performance of your website and improves your website rankings in search engines. However, with Bluehost, you will need to pay for an SSD storage, especially if you will be registering for the VPS hosting plan.
In terms of disk space, InMotion offers unlimited disk space on all its plans and that is a bonus that you will hardly get from any hosting service.
In terms of support for WordPress, especially for website builders that work mainly on WordPress, Bluehost is one of the best that you can get. With this hosting company, you will be getting auto-updates, 24/7 customer support, a free personalized email, free SSL certificate to ensure that you are safe and secure.
When it comes to support for WordPress, InMotion offers a host of features that you will find exciting. One of the features is a free website migration if you are already using WordPress. However, if it’s your first time using WordPress, you will be allowed to pre-install it during checkout so that you will have it ready to launch by the time you are done.
InMotion offers some other exciting features, including a 90-day money-back guarantee and a 24/7 customer support service. Although InMotion is quite good with WordPress, it is not the main focus of the service. This is the reason why Bluehost is the better one if you are looking for a hosting service that can perfectly work with your WordPress site.
It’s always important to sign up with a web hosting company that has an excellent customer support system. Whether you have been building websites for years or you are doing it for the first time, great customer support can come in handy whenever you face any technical issue.
InMotion does not have a lot of customers yet, so this definitely means that they will value their customers more and have more time to listen to the concerns of their customers. There are trained experts that are always online throughout the 24 hours of the day via live chat, phone and Skype. There is also a page on their website that handles Frequently Asked Questions.
To make it easier, they have a YouTube channel where you can see helpful videos for your website, all you need to do is subscribe, and you are good to go.
In terms of customer support, Bluehost has easy to use knowledge base for issues that you can come across while using their service. They have a contact page that you can use at any time to reach them. There are written guides on how to use the service that makes it perfect for everyone.
When it comes to customer support, InMotion has a better support system for its customers.
Both services offer different hosting packages that you can pick from. While InMotion has better features and a comprehensive customer support system, Bluehost is the better choice when it comes to WordPress support and also represents more value for money.