Disclaimer: compensation from affiliate links keeps us 100% reader-supported.
We all have reasons as to why we prefer something over another. Perhaps you no longer like its services, or you want to have a new experience.
GoDaddy is famous for its best hosting services, as well as domain registration. However, that doesn’t make it the best web hosting provider in the market.
For the past few years of being in the industry, it has shown stellar progress, thus attracting a massive number of users. GoDaddy might be famous due to its well-earned reputation, but there are better alternatives that surpass GoDaddy in terms of features and customer services.
Read on for more details:
Alternative Domain Registrars to GoDaddy
Just like GoDaddy, Domain.com also offers the best domain registration services as well as hosting options. Even though GoDaddy provides affordable introductory plans, Domain.com has a lot to offer.
First, it guarantees better value for money with the 20 percent discount on all their plans. All you need to do is to use the coupon “SiteHub” during checkout and choose a plan that suits your needs perfectly.
That said, registering a domain name with Domain.com costs $9.99 but, you pay $7.99 when you opt for the 20 percent discount coupon.
NameCheap is well-known for its cheap registration fees. While GoDaddy charges $14.99 per year for domain registration, NameCheap charges $10.69 per year and $8.88 if you want to register for a limited time.
GoDaddy offers the best plans for domain registration, especially to those buying domain names for the first time. The problem? Their renewal charges are so pricey that you’re left scratching your head whenever you receive notifications reminding you of renewal.
NameCheap offers the Whois protection for free during the first year of registration, unlike other domain registrars who provide it at a cost. Besides, it comes with an easy-to-use interface, making it user-friendly.
- It offers free domain transfers.
- It has a 30-Day refund policy.
- NameCheap provides cheap registration fees with additional features, thus better value for money.
- NameCheap guarantees unreliable uptime that tends to be unstable at times.
- Poor load speeds.
Hover boasts as the best domain registrars. This is because domain registration has always been its unique selling point.
Concentrating on domain registration increases its popularity because they only have one service to focus on. As a result, they provide users with excellent customer service.
- Hover offers no upselling charges.
- The prices are worth the services.
- It is user-friendly.
- It offers exemplary customer support.
- Hover is compatible with other apps.
- It provides top-notch security.
- Unlike other domain registrars, Hover plans are slightly expensive.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Domain Registrar
Choosing the right domain registrar can be a daunting prospect. With the right domain name, you can now select the best registrar. Below are some of the factors to consider when choosing your domain registrar:
Contract and Pricing – pricing will always vary depending on one’s needs. Choose a domain registrar that’s within your budget to avoid unnecessary expenses.
Domain Transfers – make some inquiries before choosing a domain registrar to avoid inconveniences. While some registrars allow domain transfers, some do not. Others charge an extra fee to process your transfer.
Customer Service – go through customers’ reviews and see what they are saying about the registrar in the picture. You can as well contact their customer support to gauge their performance and responsiveness.
GoDaddy Hosting Alternatives
BlueHost offers a variety of web hosting options, including WordPress, shared. VPS and dedicated hosting. Customer service is a must-have in any service provider, and as such, it needs to be reliable. BlueHost offers an excellent customer support compared to GoDaddy.
To address your issues, you can contact them through phone calls that are available 24/7. This is the most effective way to get instant responses to your questions. Live chat is also open, though very inconvenient due to the slow responsiveness.
GoDaddy users, most of the time, have complained of poor support system, which means you’ll experience slow load speeds. This can be frustrating, especially for the e-commerce sites that require fast load speeds. We probably assume this could be the reason for looking why you’re looking for an alternative like BlueHost that guarantees excellent uptime.
With BlueHost, rest assured of full-time performance with minimal cases of downtime. This is because it has a backup system well known as CloudSite. It automatically picks up whenever BlueHost experiences downtime.
In addition to the excellent uptime, BlueHost provides tutorials and videos for its new users. These tutorials serve a great deal to technical problems that may need solutions urgently. Besides, they ensure that these tutorials are up to date as they create content on their own. GoDaddy, on the other hand, hires experts to help them create content, thus damaging the original content.
- BlueHost guarantees fast load speeds.
- It offers Cloud hosting as a backup system for downtime.
- Its customer services are reliable.
- BlueHost allows for unlimited data transfers.
- It offers scalable plans that are budget-friendly.
- It has an easy-to-use interface for easier WordPress integration.
- It offers to host a restricted number of sites due to the strict usage policies.
- Their renewal charges are so pricey.
- Site transfers are available but, at extra costs.
- BlueHost offers no monthly plans.
- It restricts users over automatic data backups.
Just like BlueHost, HostGator offers tons of hosting options, which include cloud, reseller, WordPress, dedicated, Windows, and VPS servers. It provides a dependable uptime of 99.99 percent, which means rare chances of experiencing downtime.
Also, HostGator has servers located in strategic regions that ensure minimum overloading. Their plans are also scalable, meaning you can opt for a basic plan and upgrade when necessary. Their services are worth the pay, thus better value for money than GoDaddy.
- HostGator offers a variety of hosting plans that comes in handy with shared hosting services.
- It is an excellent choice for small merchants as well as beginners.
- HostGator guarantees an excellent uptime.
- It provides free website transfers.
- It has customized firewalls that prevent your site against DDoS attacks.
- It offers unmetered storage as well as bandwidth.
- It offers Windows and Linux plans on shared and dedicated servers.
- Unreliable customer services.
- HostGator charges an extra fee for data backups.
- It does not guarantee free domain registration.
SiteGround provides top-notch customer services along with email tickets to enhance its reliability. SiteGround understands the importance of valuing their customers, and as such, emphasizes on providing its customers with the best customer support. And it’s no secret that customers want to feel appreciated.
SiteGround goes the extra mile to ensure that their servers are set up effectively for the day. They monitor the performance of their servers using a tool that ensures that they maintain things at par with their customers.
While GoDaddy focusses at registering many domain domains, their customer services are inferior. Compared to SiteGround, which ensures that they maintain healthy relationships with its customers, GoDaddy needs to pull its socks. And with the positive reviews, SiteGround continuously receives good praise from happy customers.
- Has CloudFlare that enhances its functionality and security.
- It provides its users with the flexibility to choose their preferred server locations.
- It has servers enabled for http/2.
- SiteGround offers excellent customer support.
- They have a dependable support team.
- It offers its users an unlimited number of email accounts.
- Unlimited storage space.
- No Windows server substitute.
- No monthly packages.
- Restricted data policy.
Choosing a hosting provider doesn’t have to be a nightmare. You can easily select a hosting platform if you have your priorities right.
But even more, we have provided you with an updated list of GoDaddy alternatives. We believe that this should make it less demanding for you.