Finding a cheap web hosting with top-notch qualities can be a daunting prospect. However, your choice of provider will depend on your level of needs.
Making a comparison for different providers while looking for better value for money will help determine which of the providers is right for your needs.
7 Best Cheap Web Hosting Providers
Without any delay, let’s get started:
Hostinger is well-known in today’s market for the cheap services they offer. And let’s face it, most people will always have a negative mindset towards an economical service.
However, things are different when it comes to Hostinger. Let’s see why:
- Hostinger guarantees high uptimes and super-fast speeds, enhancing its performance.
- Their introductory rates are affordable compared to the other providers. Usually, their charges are less than a dollar every month.
- Site migration is offered for free for its new users.
- They have servers optimized for WordPress websites.
- The highest plan for the shared hosting, which is also cheap, comes handy with top-notch security features.
- They also offer a 30-day money-back guarantee, which means you get to enjoy the free trials before you can decide whether or not it’s the right choice.
- Once you’ve exhausted your initial term, your monthly hosting charges will also increase.
- With the cheapest shared hosting plan, you can only host a single domain unless you upgrade your plans.
- There is no access to the SSH server.
Currently, Bluehost boasts as the best hosting provider out there. They provide hosting services to more than two million websites.
Besides, they are mostly recommended by business websites as well as bloggers around the globe.
- They offer fast load speed with rare incidents of downtimes.
- You get a free domain by purchasing either of their plans. Select a domain with higher extensions for example, .com, .org, .space, .online, .tech, among others.
- With all their plans, you’re offered a free SSL certificate, unmetered bandwidth, and robust security features.
- It’s an excellent option for WordPress specific.
- It provides its users with an easy interface that’s beginner-friendly for more straightforward navigation.
- Renewal rates for hosting increases once your initial term is up. For you to maintain lower prices, you need to sign up for more extended plans.
- For site transfers, you have to pay an extra fee because they aren’t included in your sign up price.
iPage has been in the market since the year 1995, and since then, it has maintained a low profile until its new management with the Endurance International Group. This is the same company that owns the best providers, such as Bluehost and HostGator.
- iPage offers services to unlimited domains on a single account.
- When you sign up for iPage, you’re awarded a free domain name for one year.
- iPage provides an easy-to-use interface that allows you to set up your site in a couple of minutes.
- You’re assured of incredible discounts during the first year of your sign up.
- Your monthly renewal charges increase once you’ve exhausted your initial term.
- Their website builder can only accommodate a maximum of six pages on your site.
- Website transfers are available at an extra cost, though.
- Their customer support services are unreliable.
HostGator is a renowned service provider in today’s market. For the past twenty years of being in the market, HostGator has shown stellar progress, thus attracting a massive number of subscribers.
- There are zero chances for your site to go down due to the high uptime HostGator offers.
- Their customer support is dependable, which means you’ll get instant responses to your questions.
- They offer a 45-days money refund, so you can take time to decide whether or not the service suits you.
- While most providers don’t include free site migrations on the sign-up fee, HostGator is an exception.
- It provides a beginner-friendly platform, so you can easily set up your site with a one-click installer.
- You’re likely to experience slow loading speeds on your site due to the unreliable rates it guarantees.
- Once your initial term is up, your monthly hosting fees will increase.
- There are additional costs on added features such as daily backups, top-notch security, among others.
Hostwinds takes pride in providing reliable customer services as well as high performance. It’s one of the greenest providers in the market-based in the US.
- Hostwinds offer a 60-day money-back guarantee, meaning you have plenty of time to enjoy their free trials before you can decide if it’s the right choice for you.
- It guarantees excellent uptime with minimal chances of your site experiencing downtime.
- They have reliable customer services along with a support team that provides quick responses to their customers.
- They have limited data centers based in the US, thus inconvenient for international users.
- Unlike other services that offer free SSL certificates, Hostwinds provide it at a fee.
- There are tons of policies you’ll have to adhere to before they can grant you a full refund.
6. A2 Hosting
A2 Hosting claims to be the fastest provider for shared hosting, but is this true? Over the years, A2 Hosting has gained popularity due to the high speeds and exceptional performance it offers. And despite all these, their plans are affordable compared to other hosting providers.
- Super-fast speeds that enhance the performance of your site.
- Their initial plans come with robust features that improve the functionality of your site.
- You have the freedom to choose your server location regardless of your plan.
- They offer a money-back guarantee on all their plans.
- A2 Hosting doesn’t allow hosting of multiple domains on a single account.
- Their live chat support is a little bit slow, which takes a couple of minutes before getting a response.
Just as the name suggests, GreenGeeks is an eco-friendly host around the globe. They focus on the environment, and as such, it has attracted tons of subscribers.
- They guarantee fast loading speeds.
- You get a free domain for a year when you sign up with them.
- It offers free site migrations.
- They are the leading eco-friendly host around the globe.
- Once you’ve exhausted the initial term, your monthly renewal charges start increasing.
- There are additional costs that aren’t refundable when you set up an account.
- They have excellent uptimes, although the performance has been bad lately.
Let’s get our facts right at this stage. Sometimes cheap doesn’t mean expensive in the long run. There are hosting plans that may be cheap, but they are worth the money you pay.
Nearly every website you can find on the internet uses a shared hosting, which is reasonable if you are not a business and a large business for that matter.
The thing is that there’s no best hosting. It all depends on your priorities. Some people will prefer exceptional customer support, while others will go with free domain name perks. It all depends on you in the long run.
So choose wisely. Just make sure you have a list of top priorities before you can settle down with any hosting provider. This will help you pick the best hosting platform.